Monday, December 21, 2009

Nothing New in the New Year...


One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is going to be to be as minimalist a consumer as possible, it will be refreshing after all this glittery gluttony of the holidays. Living in a city with freecycle, craiglist, and a plethora of thrift stores and yard sales, I think this could be relatively painless. Right?!
Admittedly, this attempt (my first) will be half-assed. I'll have to make exceptions for items like underwear and lightbulbs, and I haven't figured out yet what to do about gift-giving? I'd love to say I'm crafty enough to make wonderful things (I feel another New Year's resolution coming on...) but I'm not. At least not yet. And I can't say my sisters would be too impressed with my thrift store finds...does anyone (and by "anyone" I'm referring to all three-and, sadly, that includes me- of my followers) have any ideas? How will I live without buying those amazing "Anya" baby shoes? Guess I'l have to wait until I can find them used.
At best, let's say this will be a work in progress.
At least I'm thinking about it and it's the thought that counts, right?

No comments: