Thursday, July 24, 2008

2 syllables away from a Haiku



Today was a rainy day, so after Orange had a "power snack" of hummus, sprouts, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and grapes (a whole plate of what we deem "power foods"), I let her watch The Dark Crystal, circa 1982.  Her review?  "It has scary parts, sad parts like when his master dies, good parts, and happy parts.  And movies like that are good, good, good!"  
She was even inspired to write the above poem.  Here, let me decipher for you:  
"This is one of my poems, Run through the sun, to get the shining crystal, shining bright, 
Love Orange"
We then braved the rain & walked to the library.  They had a $1.00 bag sale so we picked up a few, including Roald Dahl's The Fantastic Mr. Fox, a Lyle Crocodile book, and an old Dr. Who book.  We could have fit a lot more in our bag, but I was already carrying 15-some-odd pounds of baby and up-teen pounds of library books.    
The librarian gave me a book to read for the book club, The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by Gordon Dahlquist.  It's a nice thick book & I'm ready for a book of sustenance.  And I got one of little, a James Patterson, for the beach.   

No comments: